We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

Hi we are travelling in 19 March from Man to Holguin with TC - on our last 2 trips with TC to Hog we have had individual seat back TV's and the standard leg room was 33", I know they have changed their plane/config since we last travelled, can anyone confirm, who has travelled recently on this route how was the leg room and what kind of IFE was there on board?

1. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, January 13, 2014
2. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, January 13, 2014
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,274 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

Plane configs are still the same except for the one they acquired at the end of last year. That one is configured 2-4-2, has state of the art seatback IFE with on demand. The seat pitch is 31" the same as scheduled carriers, but the new slimline seats give more legroom than you would think.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

Hi leylandsun, is that new info then, as when I booked there was an errata stating 29" leg room and drop down tv screens?

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,326 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

According to our seat allocation we are on the 2 4 2.

Right at the front so hope all is ok.

Means to an ends.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

Diva,do you know what the leg room is in extra leg room front of the plane 2.4.2

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,326 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

No ,sorry.

Hope some one will let us know.

We are short ,tall and in between.

Legs from short to upto armpits.

Lets hope we can all fold up together.

The tv is not a problem.

Only one is a goggle eyed ,but even he can read his way accross the atlantic.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

oh,ok,tv no problem for me either,now I have found the sky go App?.Thanks anyway.

Edited: 6:47 pm, January 13, 2014
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,274 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

jasper

I've never seen an errata advising 29" pitch. They were advising 31" and no seatback IFE, as a precaution, because at that point the aircraft hadn't been refitted.

Definitely on demand seatback IFE, with 31" pitch upwards, so some seats may have a bit more.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,274 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas cook IFE and seat leg room update please?

Ghostwriter

I don't know how much extra space there is in the front rows. Bulkhead seats are sometimes more restrictive though, because of having no seat in front to put your feet under.