We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi and internet access

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Wifi and internet access

We're going to PRDO for the 6th time in 7 years in March, 2014. Really looking forward to being there again. Does anyone know what the latest internet/wifi situation is?

Ontario
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi and internet access

We just got back - if you are in Royal Service you get 1 hour per person free per day. If you are in the other part of the resort there is a small cost. It works most days and wasn't really that slow. No problem with accessing internet or e-mail. No Skype or FaceTime though.

Manchester
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi and internet access

I believe I have read somewhere that the cost is 4:50 per hour. Is it the case that if you use it for 10 minutes you still have 50 minutes next time you go online whenever that is, or just an hour from whenever you book it? Is it also fair to assume it will only work in the lobby area and not from your room? Thanks

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi and internet access

Yes the unused time is carried forward and can be used on future occasions when you connect. The cost is £4.50 per hour if you are staying anywhere other than in the Royal Service where the first 2 hours are free.

You can only access the Wi-Fi in and around the lobby area.

england
Level Contributor
645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi and internet access

Will the internet be really slow at Playa Costa Verde . My husband was planning on checking his emails every few days sending a few replies ( work related) .would this be possible. I'd also would like to be a able to access Facebook a few times to send the children ( well teenagers) a message or photo or should I just stick to sending them a couple of Tex's

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi and internet access

It's only dial up speed at the PCV so it will be slow, I don't think you will be able to load photos via their computers so I would stick to email or texts.

Manchester
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi and internet access

Bellagio. Thanks for very quick response as always.

england
Level Contributor
645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi and internet access

We're self employed so it's not easy for Andy to switch of but maybe this will make him. Think we might be even leave the work phone at home because doesn't sound like he'll be able to do a lot from Cuba anyway. After the shock I'm sure he'll get use to it and kids are being looked after/supervised by Grandparents so photos can wait till we get home. Proberbly only interested in presents anyway. My Son wants a real Cuba cigar even though he hates smoking . I've told him he can have one as long as he never ever smokes it what's the most disgusting I can buy 😃😃😃😃😃

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wifi and internet access

You can buy a single cigar in the Cigar Lounge at the PCV, which is next door to the hotel's Cadeca.

9. Re: Wifi and internet access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 16, 2015