We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Pesquero

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Pesquero

After reading all the reviews and forums about this place, it looks like a perfect place for me and my wife to have our first taste of Cuba. It sounds like a fantastic place for our main holiday next March. Are there any towns nearby where you can just go for a few drinks and a meal away from the all inclusive for a change and to see a bit of Cuba as I believe it its safe enough to do so. Would appreciate any comments. Thanx, Rylan

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,484 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Pesquero

The nearest city is Holguin which is around 45 minutes away from the Pesquero. A taxi there and back will cost you around 80 CUC's, but there is a bus that goes there every morning at 9.30am and gives you a few hours in the City. I believe the cost is 15 CUC's

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Pesquero

Thanks Bellagio, It would be nice to see a bit of Cuba other than just the Hotel, any suggestions would be appreciated. Rylan

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,484 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Pesquero

Have a read of LoonyLou's article on things to do in the area, certainly pay a visit to Gibara which you could combine with a visit to Holguin City.:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c152290/Cub…

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Pesquero

We went to Holguin in February.. It was fabulous lots of tourists but lots of locals going about their day to business. The green and blue trip and a couple of others visit a local farm and school and are worth the money if its your first time

K

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Pesquero

There are a few paladars in Rafael Freyre. It would be best to talk to some of the Animation staff or the other staff first about possibly going to one of these, as they are all different. I have been to one in Rafael Freyre and had a wonderful time.

6. Re: Playa Pesquero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 22, 2014