We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about cash.

Hertford
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about cash.

Can anyone advise please? Off to the Playa Pesquero next week. I have heard you can get cash at the airport or the hotel but can you just use a credit or debit card or should I take sterling a convert? Also I like to have something to tip the bag boy with at check in but will I have time to get money at the airport-don't want to be late for the coach!

Finally will Thomas Cook reps take card payments for excursions?

Any advice gratefully received!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Pesquero
Playa Pesquero
688 Reviews
Cuba
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,703 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about cash.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k43608…

Cheers,

Terry

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,327 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about cash.

You should change your Sterling at the Cadeca at the Playa Pesquero. Your rep will take payments by an acceptable credit card, ie: one that has no links to the US.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Pesquero
Playa Pesquero
688 Reviews
Cuba
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about cash.

If you don't have CUCs when you arrive at the hotel, you can catch up with the bell man later in the week. There aren't that many and they tend to work six days a week.

The Great White...
Level Contributor
993 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about cash.

Tell the bellboy to find you the next day....I guarantee he will!!

Hertford
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused about cash.

Thank you all. So basically take sterling cash to change and not cards but I can use cards for the trips. Having read the last review on PP and the tipping culture sounds like I might need a lot! Will the cadeca give coins or smaller notes? Ta

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,327 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused about cash.

You should ask the ask for the breakdown you want. They will try to oblige. The 1 CUC comes in both coin and note form.

Pay for your excursions with your credit card, provided the card is acceptable ie: the issuing bank has no connection with the US as stated earlier.

7. Re: Confused about cash.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 06, 2014