We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Princesa del Mar vs. Paradisus Rio de Oro....

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Princesa del Mar vs. Paradisus Rio de Oro....

Hello all,

Here is my latest dilemma...

My husband and I went on our first trip to Cuba in September 2008, on our honeymoon. We stayed at Paradisus Princesa del Mar.

I always said I wanted to return there for our 5th anniversary, which is coming up this September.

Since that trip we've been to Cuba 10 more times.. and my dream spot has become Paradisus Rio de Oro. We just stayed at SRLM which shares a beach with PRDO so I do know for sure that I prefer Playa Esmeralda over the beach at the end of the peninsula in Varadero where Princesa del Mar is located.

So, the prices are close but Rio de Oro is higher. It's a special trip and I'm trying to determine if I should stick with my original plan of going back to Princesa del Mar, or if we should splurge a bit on Rio de Oro. We did absolutely love Princesa del Mar and it's still probably the best hotel we've been to as far as food and accomodation go.

Also taking into account that it's a risky time of year weatherwise, so paying more is less attractive..

My second dilemma is convincing my husband that it's time to book another trip to Cuba considering we just got home a week ago... :)

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Paradisus Princesa del Mar vs. Paradisus Rio de Oro....

I would scream and shout the PRDO for sure.

We renewed our wedding vows there last year and I can honestly say I have never been to a hotel (even in Cuba) that comes remotely to par with this. the RS section is to die for, if yo can save a little for a few days whilst there.

You are welcome to join us on our Facebook site, where the management from the PRDO and also the Melia Group itself also post and keeps us up to date. there are lots of photos there for you to browse though and EVERYBODY on the site is friendly and very helpful should you have any questions. I have to go to work soon so if you wish to join bear with me as soon as I return I will add anybody who wishes to join the party.

www.facebook.com/groups/110177129034638/

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Paradisus Princesa del Mar vs. Paradisus Rio de Oro....

Thank you all so much for your replies.

You have me sold on PRDO.

I'll be setting up a website where you can send your contributions to my 5 year anniversary trip fund.

;)

13. Re: Paradisus Princesa del Mar vs. Paradisus Rio de Oro....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 11, 2014