We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

We are heading back to Turquesa for our second time April 17th. We went last March and loved it. Just curious would we be considered returning guests even though we stayed when it was a Sirenis. We hear they do returning guest dinners and just wondering if we would get to do that. 10 days to go. :)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

Don't forget to mention at check-in that you are a return guest, we forgot, but two nights after arrival, I was at the reception area and recognised by a receptionist who I have met on our previous trip. She greeted me with a nice big smile and right away she told me I had the wrong colour bracelet on, and she snipped it off and put a new green one on me, The first trip was 6 years ago, amazing how she remembered after such along time and so many faces........in addition to a bottle of rum, we got a free late check-out which would have cost us about $25CUC

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

What is the benefit of a different coloured wristband ?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

Staff should then know you are a returning guest.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

Is this just a Canadian thing, Im with Thomas Cook

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

I believe it applies to all

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

LOL Polar :) I would hope this would be a perk for all returning guests, regardless of your country of origin! We didn't find we received any extra attention from the staff at PCV but we were actually glad for that. I would never want to receive any kind of superior service for being a repeat visitor, and would hope any good hotel treats all in the same fair manner..

However, we did get the room of our choice, the bottle of rum and I suppose the occasional speedy bar service. But the staff are wonderful at the majority of the Holguin hotels, so am sure this goes no matter what color one's bracelet is.

Have a great time!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

I always have a good time and you can never have too much rum !

I was just wondering if it was operator centric rather than country.

18. Re: Returning Guest to Riu Turquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 13, 2014