We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July fishing Playa Pesquero

Trondheim, Norway
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
July fishing Playa Pesquero

Happy days, Playa Pesquero 15 July. Just wondering if anyone else who is interested in fishing would like to meet up? I fish a lot at home but this is a new style for me and any help is appreciated.

Would be nice to meet up with someone who is after some good fishing and a laugh, I'm going with my wife and 2 kids girl (4) boy (11) and I have a feeling they will get bored going out everyday fishing.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July fishing Playa Pesquero

Hi , go and speak to Jorge on the beach he hires out caturamans and pedlos , he is a great fisherman you'd be well advised to take a handline for fishing off pedlos 200 metres off shore , I'm sure the whole family will love it .... And Jorge has all the equipment for trawling off the caturamans for wahoo, tuna, miah miah , sailfish barracuda etc... I will be there myself 3 rd to 17 so i may see you there ... If you take any hooks lures or any equipment for the locals they are very appreciative .... Have fun Steve

Trondheim, Norway
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: July fishing Playa Pesquero

Thanks Steve,

I'm taking mostly my own gear. I've heard about the pedlo's and the cats but should I tip the guy for taking me out or what? I have no idea. I take it you've fish there before, any good catches? Any tips?

Anyway thanks for the info hope to bump into and enjoy your holiday.

Cheers Mark.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July fishing Playa Pesquero

Hello mark I've caught some nice fish there, however I have never had anything really bigger than about 5/6 lbs and in all honesty you proberly won't catch much bigger yourself going in July . The bigger fish come in December/ January but that's not to say you can't catch big fish there but you would need to go out further on a charter boat . You would be expected to treat Jorge for taking you out fishing , he normally takes you for a couple of hours and well worth the money. If you would like to look at my face book page I have some pictures on there of Cuba the pedlos and cats are in the background ..... Steve Holberry

Trondheim, Norway
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: July fishing Playa Pesquero

Thanks guys fingers crossed I get something nice. How much should I give Jorge for taking me out?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: July fishing Playa Pesquero

I want to try the deep sea fishing while in Holguin...hope to catch some wahoo,mahi mahi or some big red snapper. Do Jorge have a charter boat?

Trondheim, Norway
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: July fishing Playa Pesquero

Hi, Cenik_Qc. No I don't think he does, I'm not 100% on that but I think he's the guy that works on the beach with the water sports but I could be wrong. I've heard that there is a charter boat in the next town and I think I read you can book one with the reps..

7. Re: July fishing Playa Pesquero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 02, 2014