We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camouflage clothing confiscation!!!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
camouflage clothing confiscation!!!

Have booked to return to the Playa Pesquero later this year and the following information is contained within my invoice and ticket document - "It is an offence for anyone, including children, to wear items of clothing or accessories made from camouflage material. Any items of camouflage material, including rucksacks, will be confiscated at customs and given back on departure." I am assuming that these rules are only applicable at the airport. Would the Cuban authorities actually remove clothing from children on arrival in their country? Is it an actual offence to wear camouflage clothing elsewhere in Cuba? Has anybody been affected by these rules or know anything about them?

Mentioned in this post
Playa Pesquero
Playa Pesquero
687 Reviews
Cuba
Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: camouflage clothing confiscation!!!

Hey Pansypotter, I'm thinking of getting that ole' boy Wagger (Steve) this for his next trip to Cuba. Can you see him sporting it with his pony tail and tattoos while fishing off the MCG pier . What do you think? LOL

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: camouflage clothing confiscation!!!

How ironic that the mankini model is the spitting image of my husband :)

Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: camouflage clothing confiscation!!!

Sue B, that photo you posted in your #39 is absolutely hilarious! The Borat banana hammock in camo print ~ what a concept. His junk is now completely invisible! Gotta love that camo gear. ;-)

Thanks for sharing...I think!

Terry

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: camouflage clothing confiscation!!!

Oh God I hope I didn't do something and got all the guys interested in wearing one of those on the beach. I think we have finally found something worse than the teenie-weenie Speedo.

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: camouflage clothing confiscation!!!

The Borat Banana Hammock can always double as a sling shot. Sue, no worries, would never catch me in one of those, lol.

46. Re: camouflage clothing confiscation!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 08, 2014