We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

Hi does anyone know the size of the family rooms, l am going with my hubby and kids age 11 and 14, and what the set up is. Going first time in july and can't wait. Also what is a good block to be near the pool. many thanks

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

55 and 57 are good blocks near the pool.....

edinburgh,scotland
Level Contributor
779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

As far as i know there is only 1 bedroom or 2 bed suites have you paid extra for a 2 bedroom suite or are all of you in 1 room?

if your in 1 room it is normally the main beds with extra bed(s) added the rooms are large but with 2 extra beds might be abit of a squeeze possibly be 2 rooms next to each other as your 14 yr old will be classed as an adult

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

If you have a child aged 14, you've done well to get a family room as the hotel classes children over 12 as adults and therefore you can't get a family room! That said, if you do get one it will be a double bed with a bedside cabinet next to it, then 2 singles.

As Beebygirl says 55 & 57 are close to the pool.

Have a great time - I am sure you will :)

Trenton, ON
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

The fact sheet at the link below from the hotel tells you the exact size of the rooms. I had a superior family room and there were 3 of us (myself and 2 teens). We had 2 single beds plus one cot rolled in and that was tight.

gaviota-grupo.com/FichaHotelPDF/PlayaPesquer…

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

Hi

When you arrive can you request/pay for a room with an extra bedroom do you know

6wks to go

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

Thank you!! to all the people that replied to my post i'm sure we will all be fine in 1 room.I'm positive l will sleep like a baby with all the Margaritas that will be in my system . Will email the hotel and request the rooms mentioned above.

Thanks again

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

I bit off topic but I would be grateful if you could help with a problem. We have just booked a family room for this hotel. After looking at the small print on the documentation it stated that family rooms can only be used by 3 adults + 1 child. My children are 11 and 13 and this hotel treats 13 year olds as an adult booking.

I have just contacted Thomas Cook and they say I have to can cancel my booking or pay for 2 rooms.

Did you have any problems with your booking?

Thanks,

Rob

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,125 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

Don't cancel your booking. You won't have any problem with 2 adults and 2 children in a room.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

Thanks for quick reply but this hotel appear to treat 13 year old's as an adults so technically it 3 adults and 1 child in family room

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,125 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family rooms @ Playa Pesquero

You have paid, your booking has been accepted. I assume you have paid for two 2 Adults and 2 Children. I can't see the problem. Don't worry about the small print. There is no problem with 2 Adults and 2 Children in a room.

Get answers to your questions about Holguin