We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat or Canjet?

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
415 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Air Transat or Canjet?

I have a choice between two flights. Which is better, Transat or Canjet?

Thanks!

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
415 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

We leave April 4th at 4:20 pm headed to SPT. Easter in Cuba, yeaaaaah!

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
408 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

Canjet uses the Boeing 737 and AT uses the Airbus A320. Maybe it's just me, but I feel less cramped in the 737.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

Isn't Canjet taking you to CL soon, geoff?!

kimberly: have a great vacation, hope you'll come back to tell us about it when you return!

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
408 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

lol CL2....yep....in just under a month......countdown is on... =)

Hamilton
Level Contributor
714 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

Air Transat does have more room on their flights no doubt. There has been flights leaving from Toronto by Air transat and they drop out and Canjet has taken over, this just happened with a flight from Toronto to Holguin on March 30 great flight times and just today it has changes to Canjet with later flight times feel bad for those people. Just keep an eye on your flight for these kind of changes. This has happened a number of times by Air Transat you think you are getting them then it turns out to be Canjet either way at least it is not to long of a flight still worth the flight even if it is Canjet as long as we get there safe :))) Maybe see you there Kimberley

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

Transat subcontracts to Canjet when there aren't enough passengers to fill the smallest Transat plane. When they made the decision to have Canjet as a subcontractor a few years ago, they gave as an excuse (I use the word on purpose, LOL!) that they only wanted to operate Airbus planes, so they were dumping the Boeings from their fleet and subcontracting smaller flights to Canjet.

I for one sure wish Transat would make the decision to buy or lease a few of the smaller Airbus planes (like Air Canada has) so it would operate its own fleet all the time, with the related perks (Club Class, kids club, better seat pitch). They obviously find it cheaper to subcontract, but many of their clients are very annoyed to be stuck with Canjet... So far, Transat doesn't seem to care much about that...

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

Canjet provides charters for Air Transat, so you can choose Air Transat and be served by Canjet. Canjet is great and is a Nova Scotia's company. I probably travelled with them more than 20 times and I never had any problem.

clinton,on
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

CayoLargo 2 I heard from a pretty reliable source that AirTransat has bought 17 planes

29. Re: Air Transat or Canjet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 05, 2014