We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cubana Airlines?

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Cubana Airlines?

We are flying Cubana air out of Halifax in Feb. Anyone have any experience flying Cubana good or bad?

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cubana Airlines?

my wife and I flew Cubana out of Toronto to Cayo Coco a couple of years ago and found no fault with the flight. The food was typical airline food the leg room was not to bad. The flights were on time both ways. All in all a pretty basic flight.

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cubana Airlines?

thank you.

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cubana Airlines?

We are also flying Cubana into Holguin in April so I am following this as well.

I am assuming that it is just like several of the others, Sunwing, Transat, etc., etc.

wingsfan10 - we can do anything for 4-5 hours just to get down there, though, correct?

S

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cubana Airlines?

we are flying out this week with them through Montreal. Will get back to you in a week about our flight....my cousin who is coming with me has flown with them before and really enjoyed the extra legroom in comparison to the cattlecar feel of transat lol

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cubana Airlines?

Cubana has lots of legroom and decent meals. Beverages are $1. Flew with them out of Toronto once and Montreal twice.

They use leased Airbuses with a Cuban back end crew.

Have a good trip.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cubana Airlines?

It has been a while since we have flown with them. They were our favorite but as I say it has been a while now so there might have been changes. They use to have the best luggage allowance. They use to allow almost twice as much as the others.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cubana Airlines?

right now i have 23kg for luggage...that's economy though.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cubana Airlines?

For some reason, there is more allowance out of Toronto. Don't know what the allowance is here.

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cubana Airlines?

I flew Cubana from Halifax to Havana (via Santa Clara) 3 weeks ago (returned last week)...Everything was good....on time...lots of leg room...lunch included....I would fly with them again.

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
588 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cubana Airlines?

probably the discrepancy in luggage weight is that you are flying out of halifax and taking cubana airlines from montreal... it is the halifax montreal portion where you are not allowed the extra weight..

Get answers to your questions about Holguin