We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Playa Turquesa

Ottawa Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Grand Playa Turquesa

I have just read that you have to share a bathroon at this hotel. Is there any truth to this? Can someone provide me with some information? We are leaving in February.

Thanks.

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

I have not heard anything. We are travelling there on Feb. 19th with Signature.

Bridgewater Nova...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

We are going there February 14 and have heard no such thing about the bathrooms.

Bridgewater Nova...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

We are heading there February 14 and have heard nothing of sharing bathrooms. Cannot see that at a 4 star resort.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

I read on another thread somewhere yesterday that the bathroom sharing statement is not the case at Grand Playa Turquesa. I wish I could remember what thread it was on.

Brantford Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

Just returned from there Jan 8-15th, you do not share bathrooms anywhere in this resort!! In the kids club only one stall had a door but that was as close to sharing as you will get. Water problems are resolved and resort is absolutely beautiful!!!

One thing you may want to bring are insulated drink cups to use on beach or by pool - keeps drinks cold and you don't have to fill up so often!!

Enjoy your holiday!!! We would return here anytime.

Marg

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

I agree. It will be nice to have some nice warm sunshine instead of this cold weather. I am tired of winter already. Bring on the beach!

Toronto
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

hey money chick. i feel that your idea to bring insulated cups is quite ridiculous. it drives every bartender crazy! i believe that we should all adapt to the way that cubans do things and also how the hotel itself runs things. they have a system and we should just relax and have a great holiday. what's the big deal in getting two drinks at a time or making a few trips to the bar whenever you need a drink?!

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

I take insulated cups because the plastic ones fall over in the sand or gets sand kicked into them on the beach, not because I gorge myself on 16oz drinks throughout the day.

Toronto
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

SharonAnn,

congratulations on your non-gorging policy. i am sure that most dont share your reasoning. but good on you! *golf clap*

Bridgewater Nova...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa

I agree with taking the insulated mugs. That way no sand gets in your drink and definately stays cool. What I hate to see are people going around with the 1 gallon Tim Horton mugs, now that looks rediculous!