We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bad weather next two weeks?

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bad weather next two weeks?

I'm going to holguin area on wednesday, just seen forecast and if it is to be believed I might as well leave the sun screen at home!

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=CAC|CU|CU007|HOLGUIN&metric=1

Is it likely that it will be cloudy for the whole two weeks? Or am i taking the forecast too literally?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bad weather next two weeks?

Yes you are. It's really hot there at the moment according to a text I received yesterday.

Also whilst I was there (May 3rd -17th) we had only a few spots of rain on one day during the fortnight and May is supposed to be a rainy month.

Don't worry about it, I'm sure the weather will be great for you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bad weather next two weeks?

We were at PP last june and it was broken cloud most of the time....however belive me when its that warm you enjoy the cloud as it makes it bearable heat wise.

Cath

montreal
Level Contributor
11,119 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bad weather next two weeks?

Do you believe them when they say the forcast for the next 2 weeks in your country is going to be this they have problems to give you the forcast for the next 3 days can you imagine 2 weeks . Best thing to do is not to look at these sites and enjoy your trip which is going to be sunny most of the days .

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bad weather next two weeks?

Boonerz

I have been keeping track at accuweather, and they have changed the forecast nearly daily. A couple of days ago the 2,3,4 June were mostly cloudy, then they were 'very windy' now t-storms... I also checked the Weather Underground which has historical data since 1997 for the area. Taken in context the forecast may mean some rain in the evening, even a storm, with some fog in the mornings. There are nearly 100% chance of 14 hot to very hot days in that period...LOL

As has been stated, they can't seem to forecast 5 days in advance here in Hamilton with any accuracy (about 50 - 50 if that). I doubt we will have a terrible time. Plus, it is so warm we can swim in the ocean while it is raining LOL.

James AKA GOM

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bad weather next two weeks?

Thanks for the info GOM. I was expecting some rain in the aftenoon, just hoped for some sunshine too. Whatever the weather, i'm sure 2 weeks in Cuba has gotta be a hell of a lot better than 2 weeks at work!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bad weather next two weeks?

It's really hot in Holguin Province today. In fact the text I received actually says: 'Really hot, it's terrible'.

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bad weather next two weeks?

Bellagio,

Here it says Guardalavaca is 29 but feels like 37. That qualifies as darn hot in any scale LOL. The other thing about the weather there is it isn't the same all day long, or rarely. If it is cloudy it is for a while but the wind shifts them, so there are plenty of sun breaks...Hard to say for June as we were only there in Jan but back then we only had one day that was mainly overcast, and even that day we spend most of it by the pool, the rain held off until mid afternoon, and was on and off after that. There was another day where a storm had gone through during the night, so the beach was too rough with the churned up water, and wind, but it was wonderful by the pool.

You are right, no matter the weather, the day is going to be better there than at home...

James AKA GOM

8. Re: bad weather next two weeks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 29, 2009