We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

Halton Hills, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

Hello!

Is anyone going to Grand Playa Turquesa during the week of May 14-21?

My family (wife, 18month old son) and I are going. In previous trips, we've met a lot of people. Most of the time, we've met fellow Canadians. The last time we were in Cuba, the staff set up a long table for all of us (at dinner). They called it "The Canadian Table." We had a pretty good time.

Have a great trip!

sheffield
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

we are going to the occidental grand playa turquesa in june. i am travelling with my parents who have problems walking. is there a lift or ramp to the restaurant area ? most reviews state that there is only steps. i look forward to your reply,

Nova Scotia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

There are 8 of us, 4 couples going may14-21. We are all from Buchans Newfoundland. I live in Nova Scotia, 1 couple lives in St.Johns ,and the other 2 still live in Buchans.

We are leaving from Montreal on the 14th. See if you can pick us out in the crowd.

Have A good Trip!

Halifax
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

It really depends on where you are staying (what room # that is) there are some ramps - but it is the long way around - so that means more walking. There are "golf" carts always around that will transport you if required. This website (that I relied on for what was included etc) noted that it is not advisable for people who have a hard time with walking etc. (at the bottom under please note)

unahttp://www.signaturevacations.com/svec/ApplicationSentry?Comp=300&ProductId=590ccessablility for some people

Halton Hills, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

Hey Goose1!!!

I'm from Ontario (just outside of Toronto).

hehehehe, I should be able to pick you guys out. People from the east cost do know how to party.

Then again, it is a big place. If you're looking for me, I usually wear a black "Canada" or green "MooseHead beer" hat.

See ya in the sun! Have a great trip!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

how do you write a new poat??? I looked in FAQ and it said click on new post bu t I can't find it.

Anyone know if there is food for vegetarians there?

Ontario
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

Hey!

My boyfriend and I are going to the Grand Playa Turquesa from May 15-22 too. We can't wait as it's our first vacation to Cuba! Well, I guess we'll see you around, basking in the sun!

Have a great trip!

Halton Hills, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

First trip there? You'll be pleased. I've been to Varadero and had a great time! The people are nice, the dark rum is great, the souvenirs are inexpensive (and really nice), and the ocean is a nice bright blue! I'm hoping Holguin is the same. From what I've heard, the people are even more nice.

If you guys see me around, feel free to say hi!

Have a great trip!!!!!!

| racker

8 days to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cambridge,Ontario
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

You will enjoy this part of Cuba.

I am travelling between the 15-22 to Grand Plays

Turquesa. I will spending some time at the hotel

between my travels. Any questions of the area and

Hoguin, just ask. max

sudbury
Level Contributor
372 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

max do you think its posible for somebody to go to the opera in holquin

sudbury
Level Contributor
372 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Playa Turquesa - May 14-21

i will be at turquesa on the 13 may and max dont be fool by my name this is a cuban cigar brand

Get answers to your questions about Holguin