We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

My friend and me are planning to go to Cuba next January. While spending a few days in Varadero, we would like to take an organised day excursion to Trinidad and Cienfuegos. Is it worth booking online? Can someone recommend a site - or a travel agency in Varadero?

Palo Alto...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

Im planning to go to Cuba in the end of November, so this advise is coming from an internet research. Seems like this guy Ray gets great reviews, and probably can answer your question via email. From my experience traveling the 3rd world - dont bother BUYING travel tix in advance (aside from your airfare, of course), but at least do a research on how you'd be getting places...then being there in live spirit, assisted with some $$$, will get you places :) good luck!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

Heres your organized tour

Three Cities Tour - City tour of Cienfuegos on the way to Trinidad. Make a short visit to its Central Park. Visit the Monument City of Trinidad, declared World Heritage by UNESCO. Visits to the Municipal Museum, "Palacio Cantero" the Romantic Museum and La Canchanchara bar, with its typical cocktail made from sugar cane. Lunch at Santa Ana Restaurant. Visit to the Che monument.

Adult 89CUC Child 67CUC

Cheers

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

Thanks. Enjoy your trip to Cuba.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

Thank you bergeman. Do you think it is possible to book a trip in a Varadero hotel, just like, 2-3 days before I want to go? I understand there are travel agency desks at each hotel and they can do the booking.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

That is true. Talk to your rep at your oreintation meeting. They can book for you. Don't try shopping around to other tour ops as they are all the same prices. Run by Cubanacan.

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

Just went on an excursion from Varadero to Santa Clara, Cienfeugos and Trinidad. It is a 4 hour drive from Varadero but is well worth it. Trinidad is from another time has amazing architecture with pink, blue and yellow buildings, cobbled stone streets, transportation with horse and wagons, bicycles. Had an excellent tour guide Nailen from Gaviota tours. Can book at hotel for 93 cuc per person and includes lunch.

Another suggestion is booking a private tour with Cuba Connection. I went on an private tour with them to Havana from Varadero in a vintage car. The total cost for 2 people was 150 cuc plus lunch is extra.It was excellent. Raul the owner/tour guide spoke excellent English and we enjoyed a full day of touring also going to places the big tour buses don't take you to. I highly recommend this company. The next time I am in Cuba I will book the Trinidad tour with them as I want to go back to Trinidad on a private tour in a vintage car. Their cost for private tour to Trinidad is total cost for 2 people 250 cuc plus lunch is extra. Check out their website. You can e-mail them any questions you have and any requests. They customize the tour to your liking. Should book in advance on line to be sure to get your availability date but you only pay when the tour is finished.

7. Re: Day excursion from Varadero to Trinidad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2014