We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach hotel for this area, some advice please ?

TORONTO
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach hotel for this area, some advice please ?

How bad is HOTEL Ancon? Certainly is the cheapest one ! How about Hotel Costa Sur ? Is it more money because it is" prettier" ?Better music ? Is the beauty of their location nicer? Food any better ?Worth paying more $$$ ? WHY?

Yes, I know Cuba well, but not this area at all ? So my expectations are low enough about all food in Cuba .

. Is there snorking, seeing fish ,off the front of any of these three beach hotels ?Or do you have to book a trip off to see fish with a snorkle ?Many thanks to whoever is kind enough to respond. I know Santiago de Cuba ---VERY! -- well! . --- Very happy to give you my quaility advice about that whole area , which I Love, and know. Thank you SARITA ,

Edited: 8:45 pm, February 22, 2013
Ontario
Level Contributor
8,225 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach hotel for this area, some advice please ?

Best of the three for snorkelling would be Costa Sur. More amenities at Brisas. I think Ancon is O.K., particularly the newer rooms. I've not stayed in this area. It is on my "to do" list, but friends have stayed at Brisas and at Costa Sur. The bungalows are likely your best bet at Costa Sur. :-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach hotel for this area, some advice please ?

We stayed at the Club Ancon way back in 2005 over the New Year's break. It is a beautiful area, but our stay was a lifetime ago in resort years. Booked an upgraded room at the time. Dated but it worked. Steps to the sea. Ocean and beach beautiful. Food meh. We did not starve but lets just say it wasn't great. Service much the same. Walked through the Brisas. The Costa Sur was closed at the time. The area is very picturesque.

There wasn't much to see snorkeling wise in front of the Ancon.

TORONTO
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach hotel for this area, some advice please ?

Thanks for your feedback !

TORONTO
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which beach hotel for this area, some advice please ?

Thanks for your feedback

5. Re: Which beach hotel for this area, some advice please ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 02, 2014