We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

Hi.

Traveling to Club Amigo Ancon on Sunday with Holasun.

I have a few questions:

1. What kind of tours are provided form this resort, especially interested in Trinidad and mountain tours to the falls(not the horse back riding but maybe another option). And how much are they

2. What is the weather to be expected during this time of the year?

3. Is there a bank on the territory of the hotel? Our flight is late at night so I think the bank at the airport will be closed.

Thank you in advance.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

Hola healthgarden, we stayed at Brisas but on our Topes de Collantes Tour we had people from the Ancon Hotel and Costasur. The tour was 55CUC's per person and we travelled by Russian trucks up into the mountains until Parque Guanayara were we travelled by foot through the park......gradually we worked our way down to the falls "Salto del Rocio" from there we worked our way down to the Poza del Venado were we enjoyed a rewarding swim. Another 45 minutes down we came to a paradise La Casa de la Gallega were we had a fabulous chicken dinner. This is were we were reconnected with our truck and continued down to the lookout point and then back to the hotel. I highly recommend this tour. It's a full day tour and you should be back at the hotel at 5:00 p.m......but with our lively bunch we didn't get back until 6:00 p.m. It was sooooo much fun and we laughed and laughed and our guide was great. We had stopped off at the Information Centre in Topes De Collantes and picked up our mountain man who made our tour most memorable.

Also the Trinidad City Tour is 15CUC's and is a great introduction to the city. But be ready for people pestering you to buy things, etc. After you can go in by yourself by taxi. Please make sure you take the map that they hand out of the City on the tour. Will help out when you revisit on your own.

Yes there is a Cadeca at the Ancon Hotel but i do not know the hours.

There were other Tours but these were the only 2 that we took as we only went for a week. Definitely, have to go back again! We really enjoyed ourselves and loved the Ancon beach. The only drawback is the sandfleas and no see ums. So take a good repellent!!!!!!

Sorry we went in November.......but Trinidad being on the Caribbean Sea and being the rainy season......I would say hot and humid.....with occasional shower. Unless there is a Tropical Storm.....then rain.

I am sure you'll have a great time!!!!

With Sunny Smiles, CQ

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

Here is a llnk on TA with a little more info starting with #23 that I had given to someone who was going on the Topes de Collantes Tour:

tripadvisor.com/…37246784

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

Typically, if there are flights arriving, you can exchange money at the airport.

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

There is also the steam engine tour through the Valley It's about a half day or so. 9:00 - 2:00. It only runs certain days and only if they can get the train started. I think it was about 26 CUCs. Well worth it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

HI,

is there horse riding in Club amigo Costasur and if so how much is it in cuc?

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

Not that I am aware of but that's not to say there isn't someone around with horses.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

To the Horseback Riding question check out #9 in this link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g285731-i9286-k501…

8. Re: Tours from Club Amigo Ancon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 05, 2013