We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back.....

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
542 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
just got back.....

Our favorite vacation so far in Cuba.....Club Ancon, Trinidad. Sunny warm weather everyday for the past 2 weeks. A perfect calm beach. Basic hotel with average food.

We fell in love with the city of Trinidad...and we are planning to make this our 'go to' resort every Xmas.

I'll post a review soon (still unpacking)

It isn't for everybody...but for a budget-minded traveller who likes a 5 star beach and soaking up the local culture.....it's heaven.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back.....

Glad you had a great trip! I always love heading to Trinidad!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,907 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back.....

Have to admit Playa Ancon beach is to die for.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just got back.....

Glad you had a great time! Love the whole area. I usually like to try somewhere different each time I go away, but my last 3 vacations were there - it's a great go-to spot for sure :)

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just got back.....

I was there the first two weeks of December and loved it!

Muskoka District...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got back.....

Hey Melissa:

Chatted to you last yr on here about the Brisas Trinidad.....love it so much last yr heading back this year! March 25 - April 1.

Cheryl

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just got back.....

Hey Cheryl! Yeah I remember your posts, glad you enjoy the area! March - April is a great time to go, I love that the days are longer than Dec-Jan-Feb...makes the whole vacation feel longer :)

toronto
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got back.....

i got back on jan 2, 12. i was there for 2 wks. have been going to ancon for the last 5 yrs. me and my husband absolutely love the hotel. we'll be going back again next year.

we rented for the 2nd time a yacht from the marina close to the hotel and it was an amazing trip. pricey but definitely worth it.

glad you you liked it too.

8. Re: just got back.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, March 03, 2013