We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

I am planning on visiting Trinidad at the Costasur and would like to eat a nice Cuban lobster meal for a reasonable price... any tips? Thanks :)

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

In the a la carte restaurant you can get a nice lobster dinner for 12CUC. It comes with rice and lots of melted butter. For a unique experience, try a lobster dinner in a locals home. Ask someone on the resort you become friends with. They can guide you in the right direction. I don't like to use names on this forum, but I will say the MC of the nightly entertainment is an excellent source of information.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

Also if you want to venture out in town , Paladar Sol y Son is probably the most popular paladar in town and you are sure to find lobster there. If you want to splurge and eat in "fine dining" you can always visit the restaurant in Iberostar Grand Trinidad.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

Sorry I have to disagree with you ddc but I would not call Sol y Son most popular paladar in Trinidad.

It is certainly the first one opened there many years ago and with a nice setting but….

IMO s per today current trends (I was there last week) the best deal for the freshest and best meal to be found at a private house..

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

I agree with you Voy the best meal I have had in Trinidad were definitely in private houses, i just cant remember the names, I went to Sol y Son in April , We enjoyed it!

5. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, July 16, 2011
6. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:56 am, July 17, 2011
7. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:56 am, July 17, 2011
Hampshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

We ate in La Cubita on Calle Maceo and it was great.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

I second the Cubita Restaurant recommendation. We ate there twice, on consecutive days sometime in mid-Sept 2011. The lobster was great, very fresh and tasty. The other foods we ordered were also excellent. It is a wonderful restaurant, with beautiful decor. There is one small part of the wall where travellers and patrons can leave their mark. Waiters here give very good and sincere recommendations too. Love this place!!

Edited: 5:57 am, September 26, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lobster meal near Costasur/Trinidad?

There are two outdoor restaurants located along the road that runs between Costasur and the town of La Boca. Both are on the beach and provide a nice view while you eat.