We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Caribe Ancon

Toronto, Ontario
12 posts
Save Topic
Gran Caribe Ancon

I have been to Ancon betwen 1990-1997 about 12 times....loved it...and may be travelling within March 2007 for two weeks, I would like to know how the hotel is food/wine? (snack bar 24 hr?/water avail?), beach ok still? type of tourists catered to, will be travelling with older family members, Ancon was always value for money even 17 years ago...but alot has changed in the last 10 years, (ie hurricanes...)

Is there money transfer still avail. at hotel?

Has anyone stayed in the new block of bungalows do they have balconies....Thanks for info if anyone has travelled in Jan 2007/Feb. 2007..I would appreciate comments..

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Caribe Ancon

We were there on the last week of january.

Yes, there is a bank in the hotel.

Every room in the new section has a balcony, some with a sea view, others with a hmm, hmm, "garden" view. There is not much

of a garden there, but you are not looking at a parking either.

Your older family members won't have any problem there. I would

say that maybe as much as 65% of the tourists were 60 and older.

The red wine is acceptable, but the white wine is not interesting.

Overall, the food was not a problem, specially if you like fish.

Sorry for the telegraphic answer but I'm at my office.

2. Re: Gran Caribe Ancon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 20, 2009