We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluebridge Picton ferry terminal

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bluebridge Picton ferry terminal

Arriving in Picton on the Bluebridge ferry in October 2009 I had to climb onto a bus (a struggle with heavy luggage and nowhere to put the luggage on the crowded bus) to reach the exit from the ferry terminal. This was because the Bluebridge ferry docked some way from the terminal exit. Is this still the same or have the arrangements improved? I liked the Bluebridge ferry but will go with Interislander if the bus transfer still applies for Bluebridge.

Mentioned in this post
Interislander
Interislander
3 Reviews
Picton, New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Level Contributor
345 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluebridge Picton ferry terminal

If you are a foot passenger you will need to check you bags at Wellington, and at Picton you will need to take a bus from the ferry to their terminal to collect your luggage.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluebridge Picton ferry terminal

KiwiMikey. many thanks for the information. Sounds like the set-up at the Picton terminal is the same as last year, which is what I wanted to know. Looking forward to returning to your lovely country again!

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluebridge Picton ferry terminal

There does seem to be a change: yes, there is still the bus to transfer you, but they look after your luggage. You check it in in Wellington and see it again at the Picton terminal.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bluebridge Picton ferry terminal

NZBarry, thanks - I think that may be the same as before, the luggage is returned to you after disembarking. Then, because Bluebridge docks some way from the exit and you are not allowed to walk through the ferry terminal for safety reasons, you have to take the bus. A good reason to travel light!

5. Re: Bluebridge Picton ferry terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 19, 2011