We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to Book Harbour Cruise in Advance?

Which Akaroa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
228 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Need to Book Harbour Cruise in Advance?

Hi All,

I will be in Akaroa on 20th Dec, and interested to take the Black Cat's Harbour Cruise (not the swimming with dolphin). I have booked the shuttle. But should I book the cruise in advance as well? I checked their website and still 5+ available spaces. I'm just a bit nervous in case that day is rainy or something. Can I just wing it and book at the dock directly?

Thank you!!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to Book Harbour Cruise in Advance?

It depends how much you want to take the cruise. By not booking and knowing there are only 5 spots left means you might find it fully booked.

If me, I would check the weather forecast www.metservice.com/towns-cities/christchurch and book.

best of luck :)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,060 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to Book Harbour Cruise in Advance?

Don't forget that there are cruise ships in port nearly every day of the summer so those cruises will sell out quickly. Most NZ tour operators will give a refund if the trip is cancelled. Many do not even swipe your card until you turn up, so you will not lose if the weather is really bad. My advice is to book - and do it quickly!

3. Re: Need to Book Harbour Cruise in Advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 18, 2012