We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area is preferable?

CA
Level Contributor
349 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which area is preferable?

Henry Street in the Notre Dame precinct or the corner of Market and Arundel? We need to chose between an updated townhouse on Henry Street or a 6th floor apartment with a view of the harbor on Market. Both have there own parking if that's an issue. We are looking for safe and quiet and walking distance to shops and restaurants. I believe these two places are walking distance to Little Creatures Brewery, right?

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,569 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area is preferable?

Hi Hanme. Personally I prefer the vibe of Henry St in the west end of Fremantle. Its is probably quieter than Market St apartment (which is close to the hospital). Henry st is very close to Bathers Beach and the port which makes for a great morning walk which i often do. Moore and Moore cafe/art space is great and is in Henry St. Yes, both places are easy walking to Little Creatures and all shops and cafes.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,782 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area is preferable?

Colour me confused, but Market St has no corner with Arundel on my map. Anyway I agree with Jean that Henry St should be quieter and quite pleasant and handy for pretty well all of Fremantle.

CA
Level Contributor
349 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area is preferable?

Sorry YorkFoodie, you are right. I just looked at a better map and apparently Market Street runs into South Tce. So it is actually South Tce. and Arundel, near the hospital, like JeanPerth mentions. After reading the comments we decided to book the Henry Street townhouse, seems a better fit for us. And we love the idea of a morning walk at Bathers Beach. Thank you both for your help.

Hanme

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area is preferable?

The area near the hospital can be quite dangerous at night so accommodation away from here would be a much better option.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area is preferable?

Good choice - enjoy your stay :)

6. Re: Which area is preferable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, June 28, 2014