We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

Hi,

Want to stay 2 nights 19-21st April and wondering if it should be in Grindelwad or Lauterbrunnen?

Will places be open in 2 weeks there? Hotels, places to eat? Or is it too silent this time of the year? Any recommendation for hotels?

Appreciate some advice

Thanks.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,059 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

Easter this year is very late and many places might be closed. In Lauterbrunnen there are only 5 hotels so not much choice. Grindelwald is lots bigger so I would look there if I were you. Use their tourist office site. You can find this on www.myjungfrau.com

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

Thanks. Yes, I think it will be Grindelwald then. Makes sense.

On another note, would you know of Grindelwald station has left baggage service? If on my checkout day if I could leave my bags at the station and collect them in the evening & carry on to Lucerne.

Thanks

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

Hi TabzMarz,

Lockers are available at Grindelwald station.

sbb.ch/en/…bahnhof-finden.posid.7380.html

Have fun.

arvind

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

Perfect. Thank you. Takes care of my problems :)

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,059 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

You have another option - you could use the Fast baggage service of the SBB. Check your bags with them in the am in Grindelwald and collect them after 6pm in Luzern. Look at the SBB site under "Services". You can enter Grindelwald and Luzern and it gives you the exact times.

It is a very reliable service!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

Thank you for the suggestion. This sounds very good! Will read up on it. Thanks.

7. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April (Easter)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 11, 2015