We only have 3 days in Switzerland in October, arriving from Bavaria. I borrowed the following plan from a previous comment:
1) Start at Hotel Silberhorn
2) Catch bus to Trummelbach Falls
3) Easy walk (or bus) from Trummelbach Falls to Stechelberg Gondola station
4) Gondola up to Piz Gloria (via Gimmelwald, Murren)
5) Gondola back down to Murren and walk from there to Gimmelwald (downhill)
6) Gondola back down to Stechelberg Gondola Station
7) Bus back to Lauterbrunnen
My questions are:
a. how difficult will the walk from Murren to Gimmelwald be for a totally unexperienced person?
b. what is the cost for all the gondolas, bus etc? Will it be better to buy a Swiss pass? (We will have a hired car?)
c. will it be worth the while to use one day as day trip to Zermatt?
d. any other suggestions for things to see (not too physical?)
O yes! Very important...with all the above it should be kept in mind our visit will be in October. Not sure how the weather (usually) is that time of year.
Thanks a lot!