We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lauterbrunnen to Bachalpsee Lake

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
7 posts
Save Topic
Lauterbrunnen to Bachalpsee Lake

I am in lauterbrunnen for 4 days next week. Planning to visit Bachalpsee Lake. Can someone provide directions ? Both with hiking paths and without hiking paths ?

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lauterbrunnen to Bachalpsee Lake

Hi, you need to take a train to Grindlewald, then walk through the town and take the cable kabine to First and then follow the path which is signposted to Bachalpsee. I'm not sure if the path is not snow covered at present as I see there has been new snowfall at Kleine Scheidegg.

Enjoy.

John.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
143 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lauterbrunnen to Bachalpsee Lake

Yes that path is often snow covered in May and if that's the case you may not reach the lake or the part where you see the mountains in the reflection..

leicester
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lauterbrunnen to Bachalpsee Lake

Just come back, I know the First lift was open but there was alot of snow when we were there so not sure if the walk to the lake will still be open as it was still snowing when we came home yesterday. It was also really cold in the lower villages so take plenty of warm clothes, much colder than we have ever known it at this time of year.

4. Re: Lauterbrunnen to Bachalpsee Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 28, 2014