We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regional passes for family of 4 for one week

Chesire, England
1 post
Save Topic
Regional passes for family of 4 for one week

I am taking my family to Interlaken on the 22nd of April for a week. How much is it to buy a weeks regional pass, and is it worth it? I am taking my vehicle and I am undecided weather to drive or buy a pass. (Driving means I don't get to experience the scenery). I have read that children under 16 travel free as long as adult has pass.

Please help.

Mentioned in this post
Interlaken
Interlaken
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regional passes for family of 4 for one week

There are two passes available for travel around the Interlaken area.

The first is the Jungfrau Railways Pass. This pass is for use on the Jungfraubahn, which is a private railroad. Make note that this pass provides a 50% discount [not free] from Kleine Scheidegg to the Jungfraujoch. The Pass website does not provide information about children. Complete information, including a map can be found at: jungfraubahn.ch/en/…

The map is rather small. There is a more detailed one at alpineskimaps.com/swit/jungfrau/mapsum.htm

The second is the Regional-Pass Berner Oberland. This pass is valid for free or discounted travel from Lucerne and Bern on the north to Brig and Zermatt on the south and from Montreux on the west to Andermatt on the east. Children [6-16], traveling with adults who are traveling with this pass, have to purchase their own pass. Information about the pass can be found at regiopass-berneroberland.ch/engl/geltung.html

A validity map is at regiopass-berneroberland.ch/images/karte_gro…

Mentioned in this post
Interlaken
Interlaken
Jungfrau
Jungfrau
533 Reviews
Kleine Scheidegg
Kleine Scheidegg
369 Reviews
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland