We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

Which of these two is best scenic route ...from interlaken to brienz or from alpnachstad to lucerne ....???

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
794 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

By what method of transport? Boat, train, car, feet (helicopter)? And with or without your luggage? And how long have you got?

A little more information about your request will help us advise you.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

I prefer Alpnachstad to Lucerne. But as you want to visit Mt. Titlis en route, you will leave the train at Hergiswil to go up to Engelberg. I think you will not have time for any of these boat tours.

pore

Edited: 3:06 am, July 27, 2011
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

I have planned two days for lucerne ....one for mt titlis ...and one I might take bruning hasliberg and get down to see bruning hasliberg .??? anything special in bruning hasliberg ?? ....and then move ahead with lucerne and take this boat ride ....go to lion monument and visit lucerne area ...village round lucerne .....and as berne is just 1 hr from lucerne ..might go to berne also ....depends on what I will be doing in lucerne .....still confused .....I might visit berne on the day of arrival from zurich ..depends if I get time . and m not that tired ......cos in zurich I am going to Rhine falls and dont think that will take much time .....Early morning 9 .00...I will be at Rhine falls ...then there are 2 churches in zurich ...still confused whether to go or not ....so might skip and go to berne ., clock tower and berne is on unesco heritage list too ......leaving luggage at berne station !!!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

<anything special in bruning hasliberg ??>

It's a railway station in the middle of nowhere... nothing there except the starting point for some hiking paths.

You can also get up to Hasliberg by cable-car from Meiringen. There are good views across to the Bernese Oberland from the top. In the same area around Meiringen, you have the Aare Gorge and the Reichenbach Falls.

For something less touristy in the Hasliberg area, you could get the post bus up the completely unspoilt Gental side valley to Engstlenalp where there is a beautiful lake and a nice restaurant.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

this bruning haslibeerg is different from bruning pass ?? To go to lucerne ..If I want to go through bruning pass ....that golden panaormic train covers ....then how can I go to that thing from normal train ....

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

this bruning haslibeerg is different from bruning pass ??

No. It is just a small station en route from Interlaken Ost to Lucerne.

>then how can I go to that thing from normal train ....

They are all 'normal trains'. It is just that some are painted in Golden Pass colours and have a 1st class panoramic coach.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g188045-i336-k46…

Please look at a map as has been suggested before.

map.search.ch/bruenig?poi=verkehr

7. Re: ..alpnachstad to lucerne or from interlaken to brienz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Lauterbrunnen