We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

Hi there

We are travelling from Murren down to Freiburg in Germany and there is a 6 minutes transfer that we have to do at Lauterbrunnen BLM.

I was wondering if anyone would know whether there are any lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM and Lauterbrunnen station? We have someone in a wheelchair and while she can walk, she cannot walk around too quickly from one place to another.

The information provided by the rail station says "walk for 3 min" so am trying to get a feel of the distance, and whether our large group can get there in time for our train to Interlaken! We have a total of 6 minutes to get to the next train as I understand.

Much thanks for your advice!

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,939 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

The distance is just across the street.

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

Oh, that sounds good! So no stairs involved throughout the 2 train stations? If so, then i think 6 min sounds doable. :-)

Thanks for your reply!

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

The entrance at street level would not be ideal for a wheel chair however there is a basement entrance with a lift just follow the signs at Lauterbrunnen railway station.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,792 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

If you're coming from Mürren down to the Lauterbrunnen Train Station then, unless you were delivered to Mürren via helicopter, you will have ALREADY passed through the Lauterbrunnen Train Station to get to Mürren on your way up. So you will be able to see all of the necessary transit methods on your way UP to Mürren.

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

Personally I'd come down on the one before to make sure I caught the train I wanted unless it didn't matter if I got the next train.

You will need to go down in the lift then along a passage and up a ramp. If it's a large group and a wheelchair user 6 minutes isn't long. Check it out when you arrive.

Gibel

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

Hi all

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Indeed, i would have seen how long it takes to transit by the time i get to Murren. Thing is, i need to book my tickets enroute from Murren to Germany soon therefore these questions. And to enjoy the special fares (which is a huge saving off the normal tickets), they are unfortunately train specific.

We have a total of 8 of us - 6 able-bodied adults, 1 baby in stroller and 1 grandma in wheelchair. While i suppose i can try delay the transit and wait for the next train, it would extend my journey by another hour - not something i'd really want for my grandma and baby hence i am thinking of making a dash for it.

Regardless, thank u all again for your time! =)

7. Re: Lifts serving Lauterbrunnen BLM to Lauterbrunnen station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Lauterbrunnen