We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Topic
Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

Hi I will be staying at Lauterbrunnen for 3 days 2 nights from 20 Dec to 22 Dec. May I know Wat kind of winter Clothings should I wear to keep me warm? I intend to wear a wool longjohn with a wool sweater and top it with a duck feather jacket...will these be sufficient to keep me warm when I am at Lauterbrunnen and mt jungfraujoch?

As I will be staying at hotel silberhorn, will the room provide heater to keep us warm?

Thanks

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

It sounds like you should be ok with a cap and gloves to go with what you have. and the hotels are heated.

Singapore
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

Oh ya I forgot to add the cap, gloves and scarf...thank u

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

Just thought you might like to know the current weather. It is -14c and snowing on the Jangfrau. It is likely to be even colder when you go in December.

Kleine Schidegg is covered in snow as is Wengen.

I would also suggest you have a pair of sturdy walking trainers.

Singapore
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

ok but u have any idea how many layers of clothes is sufficient? i have mention above that will be wearing wool long john plus wool sweater and a duck feather jacket. also will include scarf, gloves and cap. is this enouigh to beat the -14 degrees?

any idea whats the weather like in dec?

Edited: 5:18 am, October 17, 2010
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

I think you must way up how long you intend being out in the cold weather.

It is not a given that it will be -14 or even -20, I have been to Austria (much lower resort) and it was -22. It may be warmer than this, no one can tell.

Of course the valley at Lauterbrunnen should be warmer and it may well rain in the valley as opposed to be snowing higher up.

Don't forget some warm socks as well.

If you intended spending hours out on the mountain (as skiers or walkers) then the correct clothing (in layers) would be required.

I think the items you have stated should be sufficient for the possible length of time and activities you will get up to in 2-3 days.

Enjoy the views and I hope the weather is clear for the awesome scenery.

Singapore
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

hi

thanx!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

And make sure the footwear has decent grips on the bottom.

8. Re: Clothings to wear and bring in Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 17, 2011