We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperatures in Bernese Oberland

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orewa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Temperatures in Bernese Oberland

I will be staying in Lauterbrunnen in mid June, and will do all the tourist things like going up the jungfraujoch and Murren etc. What I am not sure about is what sort of clothes to take at this time of year. We wil be moving on to hotter climes after so I don't want to have to carry lots of cold weather gear when we are staying in the mountains for just a few days. Any thoughts?

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperatures in Bernese Oberland

Layering will be the key to dressing for the mountains in June. It can be downright warm in the valley in Lauterbrunnen but it gets gradually cooler as you ascend the mountains. Wengen and Murren very seldom get hot but early and late in the day get cool. A sweatshirt is usually ok but if you venture further up say to the Shilthorn or the Jungfraujoch take a jacket too.

June is the ideal time for mountain flowers in the Alps and I'm sure you'll love it.

Have a wonderful trip.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperatures in Bernese Oberland

Was there last June, from 16th to 21st, and it was HOT. Took a long time to cool down in the evening. So, as Redbeach suggest, the answer is layering.