We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent need help

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
8 posts
Save Topic
Urgent need help

Hi all,

I will arrive lauterbrunnen on 2 May 2008 and stay for 4 days. Do you know the weather is good during that period?

Will the weather be warm and sunny? or very cold and full of snow? Is it the good time for hiking (Grindelwald,Kleine Scheidegg) and go up to JungFrau?

Rgds,

Keith

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent need help

I'm not any better at predicting the weather than anybody else here but if you check the website

www.about.ch/geography/climate/interlaken.htm

it will give you the average temps, rain, etc.

If you check the webcam at

bildersammlung.ch/stechelberg-webcam-live-we…

You can see that the snow in the Lauterbrunnen valley has almost entirely melted. I would guess that in another month, when you are there, the chances of snow would be pretty small. There may be some light flurries between now and then but probably not enough to stick to the ground.

Hiking will depend on the weather. Some of the higher routes will still be snow covered but most of the lower trails will be passable. As the snow receeds the spring flowers will start to bloom.

2. Re: Urgent need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 24, 2009