We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

Hi there, I am going travelling alone in October and Lauterbrunnen is my last city I am visiting. I just am a little worried with how difficult it might be to get to Geneva/Zurich airport from there and if there is a train taking you from there straight to the airport (and how long does it take to get there)

I am just a little nervous when it comes to directions and would like to know if anybody has advise.

Regards,

Charde

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

You take the train from Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken Ost where there are direct trains to Zurich Airport trains to Geneva Airport require and additional change in Berne. check out times etc on www.rail.ch

Lauterbrunnen is not a city its a small mountain village.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

Don't worry. As they said it's quite easy. Trains run from Lauterbrunnen every hour. If you check the schedule carefully you can get a train that goes all the way from Interlaken Ost to Zurich airport without a change. Others require a change of trains in Bern but it' still easy.

It takes about 25 min. from Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken and another 2 1/2 hrs to the Zurich airport.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

many thanks for the advise! really appreciate it.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

Hi there, I done this trip many times. As the other posters have said, take the train to Interlaken Ost, and then change platforms for the trai to Zurich Airport via Berne. The station staff / Conductor will be able to tell you if you have to change trains at Berne. On arrival at Zurich, don't get off at the first station as this is for Zurich city. The next stop (which is underground) is the stop for the airport.

Once you come off the train, take the escalator up and you will be in the airport.

Have a good trip.

Regards

John.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

Wow you guys are awesome, thanks for the advise. will be going to geneva airport tomorrow... lauterbrunnen was beautiful!

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

We look foward to reading you full report when you get back!

London, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

The train journey takes about

2.5 hours - Zurich

3.5 hours - Geneva

The train station is the centre of Lauterbrunnen so you won't miss that!

Each journey has a couple of stops. Have a look at www.sbb.ch/en - great Swiss railways website.

In my limited experience the Swiss railway system is excellent and good value and extremely punctual so changes shouldn't be a concern.

NB Two (slightly) closer cities are Basel and Bern.

Hope that helps!

8. Re: Directions from Lauterbrunnen to UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 12, 2009