We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

North West
Level Contributor
36 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

I am staying at hotel Gale from 28/12/12 to 02/1/13. There are four of us and one member is celebrating her 50th birthday on New Year's Eve. I am looking for a traditional restaurant to celebrate this event on New Year's Eve. Any suggestions?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
950 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

Is it Gale in town? There are lots of restaurants but it may be better to choose one and book. What do you mean by traditional, the decor ,the food, the location. Theres lots of restaurants in that section that are in Tavira

North West
Level Contributor
36 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

Thanks, yes it is the Gale in town. The girl whose birthday it is lived in Portugal near Lisbon for a number of years so I think we would like a restaurant with traditional food of the region . I thought we may need to book. Thanks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
950 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve

I like Brisa do Rio, Belmar, Bica, Emigrante, Avenida, Casa Cota .Portuguese owned and style well established. Not top class cuisine/expensive but good

North West
Level Contributor
36 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve

Thanks for your help. Have read the trip advisor reviews on each all sound the right type of place. Now to choose one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve

You may have trouble booking the Brisa do Rio - they were taking bookings back in September. :-)

6. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tavira