We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help chosing between 3 hotels

Which Tavira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help chosing between 3 hotels

I am taking three teenagers, 17, 17 and 15 on holiday for a week. I really need a break to recharge batteries but the youngsters want a bit of life with bars/restaurants for the evenings. I am looking at Cabanas Resort., Vila Gale and Vila Gale Albacaura and would e grateful for any thoughts on which would best suit our party. Getting to the beach by boat sounds fun but we would want the pool to be really nice with plenty of shade and big enough for busy peak season (first week in Auugust!). 15-20 min walk to restaurants/bars ok, and would enjoy a bike ride too. Would also appreciate any recommendations as to whether to go B&B, or half board. Thank you!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,116 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help chosing between 3 hotels

Cabanas will probably suit you best. Go for B&B, there are plenty of restaurants which are economically priced in Cabanas. And enough to do at night for your children.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help chosing between 3 hotels

I would go for Cabanas or Vila Gale in Tavira town (not the Albacora). The Albacora is quite a way out of the town and bars/restaurants and is quite isolated. Whichever you chose, I would go B&B. There are plenty of restaurants in both Cabanas or Tavira town and it would be a shame to tie yourself down to a hotel restaurant. Cabanas would probably suit you as it's perfectly safe for young people to wander around and there are a couple of late night music bars (although they themselves might think it quieter and prefer Tavira!).

3. Re: Help chosing between 3 hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, July 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tavira