We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars in Tavira

Which Tavira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
Level Contributor
69 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Bars in Tavira

I have just had a look at this page and see it is a few years out of date can any one who has been lately give any updates on Bars there now, we are going to Tavira in July 2012 so your help is much needed.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars in Tavira

There are quite a few bars in Tavira traditional,Irish,expat,Tapas,Music. Modern old what do you like?

Leicester
Level Contributor
69 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars in Tavira

I have been to Tavira 3 years ago and know of a few like the cafe/bars in the main square and 1 just over the Roman Bridge, I also know a lot of the restaurants in the town. I am 60 years old and I am not looking for Disco's as I know there are 2 of them but would they let me in, what I like is the odd Music/Karaoke bar to just a nice bar to sit after a meal.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars in Tavira

Yes I'm sure you'll manage that

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
464 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars in Tavira

I've not been over for 18 months but I know people that live in the area, and I'm going myself in two weeks. I'll make sure I update the pages when I get back but if you've got any specific questions I'm happy to help!!

Edited: 12:55 pm, April 19, 2012
LONDON
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars in Tavira

I went out for a wedding in tavira over five years ,ago we found a small bar they had a DJ who was really good play a mixture of music in there and open till late .It was over the bridge run by a guy call Tito just wonder if it still there?.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars in Tavira

No Tito has moved on to the meeting room

waterford
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars in Tavira

Just came back on Sunday night. We tried the Irish bar it had live music and some nights it had Karaoke. We also tried Anzu bar on the quay more of a people places than music, the bars surrounds the small square seem mainly to be for the young people as every night we went past they we all 20's and very early 30's. Mad hatters on the quay is more of a sports bar and even during the day you do see the odd time some drunks coming out of it so if not your scene I would recommend staying clear. The bar in the hotel Porta nova is very nice. Its located at the top of the hotel has stunning views but be prepared to pay for the most expensive of drinks in Tavira. I have done a recent post on Tavira on the forums here with directions to Irish bar. If you need anymore help let me know.

Leicester
Level Contributor
69 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars in Tavira

Thank you for all your replys, we had a great time there in July, and with a bit of luck will be back next year for more of the same.

Bowness-on-Windermer...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars in Tavira

Pessoa's cafe & bar Rua Jacques Pessoa,22

Very friendly place run by a Portuguese lady & her Dutch boyfriend.

Light snacks & tapas plus some really good wines. Lots of interesting music.

Leicester
Level Contributor
69 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars in Tavira

Well I had hoped to go back to Tavira in July this year but for some reason we ended up in Albufeira, but the good news is that this Sunday I will be back there for some of the same.

I am looking forward to having some nice food in all of those really good restaurants, problem is there are so many nice one and this time we are only going for a week.

So how do I fit them all in, I all ways go for a 2 week holiday in July and have plenty of time to go to the one's we think are the best restaurants.

Again we have to hope the weather is with us at this time of year, as part of any nice night out is sitting outside and enjoying our food with a glass of local wine.

We will also be going to most of the bars we have found over the few visits we have made to this resort and after the mad pace of Albufeira this summer it will be nice to take it easy and have a good time.

Get answers to your questions about Tavira