We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuseta

Glasgow
Level Contributor
39 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Fuseta

we have booked a gorgeous apartment in Fuseta for a week in September and can't find much information about the town. We know it is quiet and not touristy. Ideal for our needs but would like to hear from anyone who has any experiences of staying / eating in Fuseta. thanks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
864 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuseta

There are a few decent local restaurants. No fast food. Boat over the lagoon to long sandy beach, bit of a breeze on the beach. Train station where you can travel east or west Algarve.Wouldn't say it's hugely attractive but it is non touristy. Also a good area to walk or cycle along country roads and cycle paths. I would go.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuseta

mosquito's

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,685 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuseta

Mosquitos are just about everywhere here in summer.

newcastle
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuseta

hi we have also booked a gorgeous apt in fuseta.we are going on the 5th.so if we are back before you then i'll tell you all about it.want apartment are you staying in?

Great Harwood...
Level Contributor
14 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuseta

hi we are also going to fuseta in a couple of weeks, we have visited before but not stayed there. It is one of those places that grows on you. The first time we went we thought what a scruffy little town but after several visits we now love it as it has got real local character and is very non touristy which we like. We have only had coffee there which was very cheap compared with other resorts. We have also read that there is live bands playing in the bars in the evenings? has anyone seen these and will they be playing in september? i am really looking forward to staying there and trying some of the restaurants, if anyone has any comments on the restaurants or reccomendations that would be helpful thanks

Edited: 4:40 am, August 21, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuseta

Last year we had lunch in rest. Crispim in Fuseta. It's close to the supermarket Algartalho. It's was a lovely place and the food is good.

Here's an older article about it:

algarve123.com/en/…Restaurant_Crispim

Further, at the waterside - Rua General Humberto Delgado - is a whole street with restaurants. There's a pizzeria (owner is a German lady) which was good as well.

Edited: 4:57 am, August 21, 2012
Great Harwood...
Level Contributor
14 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fuseta

thanks for the article on crispim sounds like a good one to try, we are staying on the water front near the other restaurants so i am sure we will try those also

Edited: 1:18 pm, August 21, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fuseta

For September there's a festival from September 6 - 9:

jf-fuseta.pt/frontoffice/…1344651136196.jpg

Great Harwood...
Level Contributor
14 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fuseta

Hi thanks for that i have looked at the site but cant get an english translation, i presume it is a music festival can you tell me more about it from what i can understand you buy tickets to different venues around fuseta?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fuseta

It's a Brazilian festival with workshops and dancing, held at the camping site in Fuseta. (the Brazilians know how to throw a good party!)

You can go to www.freetranslation.com to translate.

For tickets: you can buy them at the postoffices.

60 euro for the whole festival, 40,-- for the weekend, 1day & night 25,-- or one night 15,-- If you buy a weekend ticket you get friday night for 10,--

Their e-mail: festivalpenaterra@gmail.com

Get answers to your questions about Tavira
Recent Conversations