We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cable car alternatives

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Cable car alternatives

Hi,

I will be visiting Sigulda with my mum later this year and I would love to take the cable car across the river. However, my mum is a bit nervous about cable car travel so I think she will have to take the bus.

Does anyone know where the Krimulda bus stop is in relation to the cable car please?

Thank you,

Natanya

3 replies to this topic
Cape Town
Level Contributor
645 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cable car alternatives

Buses leave from outside the train station - just catch a bus there.

However, you can get across the Gauja River gorge by walking over the road bridge rather than the cable-car, so if you want to go by cable-car and your mother by road you can do this. Walk to the cable station from the train station (about 10 minutes, very easy) then descend to the bottom of the gorge via the wooden steps to the left of the cable station, walk over the road bridge at the bottom and meet up on the other side. The walk from the other side via Gûtmana Cave to Krimulda is very pleasant. The whole distance from Sigulda train station to Krimulda is about 5 km and makes for a very pleasant stroll (I did this a few years ago, and went one way by cable car and came back via the bridge - see www.paulkilfoil.co.za/2014.aspx ; the Sigulda entry is 5 June).

Cape Town
Level Contributor
645 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cable car alternatives

Sorry, I meant in the previous message that the distance from Sigulda to Turaida is 5 km - Krimulda is much closer, just across the gorge from Sigulda, in fact.

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cable car alternatives

Hi, thanks so much for your reply. That has been really helpful. I will check out your website as well for more tips!

Thanks,

Natanya

Reply to: Cable car alternatives
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sigulda