We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitng Riga this year

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saxmundham, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Visitng Riga this year

Hi my friends and i are visiting Riga in August, we are not a hen do but a group of ladies, varying in age, who go away every year to have a break from kids, work, husbands ect. We do like to have a laugh, drink and dance, we are by no means troublesome but can be very loud. Where are the best places to go in the evenings? And where is the best area to stay that is central?

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visitng Riga this year

If you stay in the Old Town or in the area just around (Elizabetes/station),

you can walk to everything and save taxi (and trouble with taxi).

For drinks and singing there is places as Paddy Whelan, Donegans

and Kiwi, but also more major outside Beergardens.

Dancing depends on style, Clubs, Latvian folk, or?

Edited: 1:47 am, January 09, 2014
Saxmundham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visitng Riga this year

Thank you so much for that, as for the dancing, mainstream pop music (English) but would like to try different places if you could maybe recommend a few clubs please :)

Edited: 1:31 pm, January 09, 2014
Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visitng Riga this year

Then try the Kalku Varti at the central walking street, also the Mad House

have good Dance music in weekends (but dont let noisy stag groups in)

Saxmundham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visitng Riga this year

Great, really looking forward to visiting now. There will be 10-12 of us just got to find accommodation now any suggestions? Hotels or apartments? Thank you :)

TLV
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visitng Riga this year

Hello,

As I understand you all say that using taxis is a real problem in Riga..

But sometimes you have somethings to carry and you need a Taxi.

I need it from the international coach station, and you are only talking horrors about it ( Is it really true?)

So how to contact t the red taxi?

The numbers they publish +371 80 00 13 13 and *8383

valid only in Latvia, but my Phone is Czech, and cannot dial it,

Is there a way to find a regular number for calling them?

Thanks

Riga
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visitng Riga this year

Alternatively you can use Baltic Taxi, they have hotline for foreign numbers (+371) 20008500; (+371) 67008500 or Skype: Baltictaxi_Latvia. I have noticed however that Baltic Taxi tend to choose slightly longer routes even for the locals (Red Cab always take the shortest route). Where is your hotel located?

About the coach station... well, depends what you count as a horror. It is not as nice as airport. But chances to get into any trouble in my understanding are small.

Ferrara
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visitng Riga this year

in riga there are the green taxi, now i don't remember with call it. the green taxi are so good and serious, i always called them. if you search for internet, you will find,all the information.

8. Re: Visitng Riga this year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Riga