We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 adults & 2 pensioners ( 1 with mobility issue) how to???

LINCOLN
Level Contributor
288 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
2 adults & 2 pensioners ( 1 with mobility issue) how to???

HI

I am taking my inlaws to Riga for a long weekend and we are staying in the Monte Kristo. 1 of them has slight mobility issues. We just want to potter around the old town, eat out etc

My questions are

What to do?

Best medielval restaurant?

Avoid stag parties and drink in nice oldy worldy places?

Airport transfers

Thanks in advance

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 adults & 2 pensioners ( 1 with mobility issue) how to???

Hello,

You can visit the Opera, if this kind of activities are of interest to you. Have a look here www.opera.lv/en/calendar/2013-2014…

Or maybe a concert in Dome's Cathedral. www.doms.lv/events/concerts.php?mnu_id=46

For transfer to/from the airport - you can simply take/order the taxi. There are plenty in front of the arrivals and I'm sure the hotel staff will eagerly help you with ordering a taxi back to the airport.

I haven't seen many stag parties around the Old Town lately. There are numerous restaurants and cafes in the Old Town. Read this forum, there are many very good trip reviews.

As to mobility issue, keep in mind that Old Town is all covered with cobblestone, so it may cause some difficulties.

LINCOLN
Level Contributor
288 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 adults & 2 pensioners ( 1 with mobility issue) how to???

Thanks, good ideas

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 adults & 2 pensioners ( 1 with mobility issue) how to???

The most famous medieval restaurant in Old Town

is Rozengrals.

Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 adults & 2 pensioners ( 1 with mobility issue) how to???

just returned from Riga-lovely and welcoming city.

Taxi- you can go to the Air Baltic site and get a prepaid taxi voucher for a 14 euro fare. covers up to 4 people (assume you have minimal luggage) and takes you to any Riga hotel- or wait and use the Air Baltic courtesy desk at airport.

To do 1. The old town area is not as exotic as that of Tallinn. Why not dabble in the art nouveau? Get a taxi to take you to the end of Alberta street and walk a long block past the best art nouveau grouping of buildings in Europe. At the end of the street is a small art nouveau museum which is a full floor flat restored to the turn of the century-right down to the loo and kitchen cooker. Across the street is a small shop with art nouveau items-old and reproduction.. Back across and on the other corner from the museum is Alberta 13 where we had lunch. (See TA reviews). Excellent chicken caesar salad or the 5 euro prix fixe lunch on weekdays.

LINCOLN
Level Contributor
288 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 adults & 2 pensioners ( 1 with mobility issue) how to???

Thanks

6. Re: 2 adults & 2 pensioners ( 1 with mobility issue) how to???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Riga