We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween in Riga

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween in Riga

Hi- I am heading to Riga for 4 nights, one of which will be Halloween. I was wondering do they celebrate Halloween in Riga? Like do they dress up and go out like they would in Ireland/USA?

Thanks

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween in Riga

The Halloween has spread to most north europe too, but

mostly it is the shops who want to create some "extra".

So im sure you will find the theme many places and

maybe some exhibitions (Like in our old Tivoli in

Copenhagen), but noone running around dressed up.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween in Riga

Oh god! I really hope Latvia and other countries in eastern Europe don't get caught up in the Americanism of Halloween. Its getting out of hand in the UK too.

I have to admit when I was in Riga last Halloween I didn't actually see anything to celebrate this. Thought I mention it.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween in Riga

Great thanks for your help! Was hoping they were into the whole Halloween holiday so could dress up!

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween in Riga

One can expect some neighbour kids coming after candies, and a couple of odd parties in the Old Town, but not much more than that.

5. Re: Halloween in Riga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Riga