We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIX Immigration In And Out; Turkish Airlines

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
485 reviews
Save Topic
RIX Immigration In And Out; Turkish Airlines

I'll be flying into Riga from Oslo, USA passport; will I have to go through immigration or is this a from - to Schengen trip?

On Departure, I'll fly out on Turkish Airlines to Istanbul. I understand that I'll need to go through immigration out of EU. Any issues with this procedure and how much time should I allow? Any issues with check in with Turkish Airlines? Two hours or more?

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIX Immigration In And Out; Turkish Airlines

I have flyed to Riga via Oslo and its an intern Schengen trip, so just normal.

When I took a trip to Skt. Petersburg from Riga I also had to go through

immigration and it took 5 minutes. Riga airport is not huge and the

immigration is at the end of the hall with gates and was just like an

extra passport control.

(and ofcourse control of my visa for russia). At the other end it took

more than 1 hour to get in to russia.

I dont have any exp. with Turkish Airlines, check the site and ticket for

boarding times.

If they dont write anything else 1 hour should be enough to check-in

and get through.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIX Immigration In And Out; Turkish Airlines

As a follow up, I stood in a short line at the Turkish Airlines counter waiting for them to open up than it took to get checked in. Very quick, very efficient and about two minutes at the counter for passport and VISA review and check my luggage to Istanbul. I was the only one in line for Immigration out, got a very clean "Riga" stamp in my passport by a very polite and very helpful immigration officer. I was in the Departure lounge within ten minutes from the moment that Turkish Airlines opened their counter for check-in.

3. Re: RIX Immigration In And Out; Turkish Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 26, 2014