We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night Sundays

Chino Hills...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Late night Sundays

My friends and I have a layover from 10pm - 9am in Riga on a Sunday. We weren't able to book a flight with a layover during the day to really enjoy the city. What are our options to occupy our time? Late night bars, restaurants, clubs?

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night Sundays

Depends on time of year.

In wintherhalf there is few places open Sunday nights.

Summerhalf have much more posibilities but still many

clubs are closed on Sundays.

The major beergardens in Kalku iela and at Doma laukums

will be open, also try the pubs Donegans or Kiwi.

Only club I know for sure is open at Sundays is Friends at Radisson Blu.

Restaurants will be open late and beergardens also serve food.

Chino Hills...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night Sundays

We'll be there the 2nd week of September. Glad to hear we won't have to sit around at the airport the entire time. I'll look into those place you recommended, that's a great help!

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
276 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night Sundays

Try the Funny Fox Bar at Grēcinieku 1. It's fun, the staff is fantastic and open every day till 6 am. When I was their in February it was visited by a mix of locals and tourists from all over the world.

Edited: 3:46 am, July 29, 2013
Chino Hills...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Late night Sundays

That sounds perfect, I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
276 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late night Sundays

It was the only lively place we could find on Sunday night. All the other places were either closed or completely empty. We returned there on Monday night (all other places empty or closed again) and it was once again fun. Had an epic night with people from Latvia, Norway, Germany, Colombia, Australia, England and The Netherlands.

Saturday's a completely different story. Many nightclubs, pubs and bar completely filled with people.

Mentioned in this post
Latvia
Latvia
Europe
Norway
Norway
Europe
Germany
Germany
Europe
Colombia
Colombia
South America
6. Re: Late night Sundays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 01, 2014