We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Essential Farewell party on June 16

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Club Essential Farewell party on June 16

On the 16th of June the last party will take place in the popular club Essential. Unfortunately, the club gets closed.

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Essential Farewell party on June 16

According to the updated information, the club will be closed only for reconstruction.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
736 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Essential Farewell party on June 16

Only went there once. Bought a bottle of heineken (330ml.) Barman charged me 5 lats!

While I was counting my money the next customer said to the barman... "tiešām, pieci lati?" (Really? 5 Lats?!) The barman, obviously not realising I could understand Latvian, replied "nē, nē, viņš ir ārzemnieks, tad tiešām 3 lati." (no, no, he's a foreigner, it's really 3 lats)

I haven't been back since and have heard of other people with similar stories to tell.

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Essential Farewell party on June 16

Thats free market price but sad that they take advance of foreigners...

You can meet same policy at other places and clubs but mostly I get same price as locals.

On the website of Essential they also write closing party 16 th June but no info about opening again...maybe the usual owner shift and then re-opening ;)

Tampere
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Essential Farewell party on June 16

tourist overcharging at least used to be pretty common in riga in some of the clubs and old town bars, essential definitely being one of them.

i've visited riga so many times and frequented the same clubs quite a few times, so it does not happen to me any more, i think. even got a vip card to two of the clubs. one of which i got after complaining to bartender i know about being double charged at the door - probably the best 5 lats i've ever paid :D .. the attitude seemed to be the tourists are stupid enough to pay so make them.

Tampere
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Essential Farewell party on June 16

the former essential opens next weekend as a el divino franchise. they've got roger sanchez on the decks on saturday, might be interesting to check out.

but if i understood them correctly they're going to renovate the place only after the opening. sounds a bit strange..

6. Re: Club Essential Farewell party on June 16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Riga