We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Bus

Brighton, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Bus

Can anyone tell me the best bus to get from the airport to the Avitar hotel and which stop I need? Is it the number 22 bus?

Also is the Hotel in the Old town?

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Bus

Hotel Avitar is about 2.5 km from Old Riga. There is no direct bus from the airport to there. Depending on your budget the options are:

1) Take a taxi. If you take green Baltic Taxi or red Redcab, it would cost around 10-12 Latvian lats. Avoid other taxi companies - their drivers may rip you off.

2) Switch buses in Central Riga. (The cost: 2 bus tickets, 0.70 lats each - but you will have to figure out the directions.) I think the simplest option is to take Bus 22 to Central Market (Centraltirgus) and then switch to Trolley bus 3. (The two buses stop at the same stop but you will need trolley bus 3 going in the opposite direction, so, you should cross the street and find trolley bus 3 stop on the other side. The shortest way to cross the street is through the tunnel close to the bus stop.)

With trolley bus 3, get out on Eveles street. The bus schedules and maps are here:

Brighton, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Bus

Thanks for the reply, spot on information. Have just returned from a fab weekend!

3. Re: Airport Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, April 04, 2013