We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jurmala - is it worth a visit?

Manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Jurmala - is it worth a visit?

I am coming to Riga, this weekend and was thinking about spending a day in Jurmala.

I have been to Riga a couple of times before, so I have seen the usual sights in Riga and thought Jurmala would be a good option.

Is there enought to see and do, in January, to make a day trip worthwhile?

Thanks

Wigan
Level Contributor
118 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jurmala - is it worth a visit?

im going to Riga again next week.... 12th time..... we visit Jurmala evertime. in winter it is very quiet, a few bars, cafes souvenier shops, couple of antique shops open but not hussle an bussle by any stretch of the imagination. we usually call in the sports bar and watch a match whilst there. but the walk along the beach then into a warm cafe for a coffee is great. Jurmala is so close to riga.. 40mins on the train... it doesnt need to be a day trip, you can just go for a few hours if you choose to.

Sale
Level Contributor
83 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jurmala - is it worth a visit?

Thanks for that.

Is Majori the right train station to get off?

Wigan
Level Contributor
118 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jurmala - is it worth a visit?

yea majori ... think it's something like 3lt return & trains are regular...every hour or so. sports bar has club shirts & scarves hanging everywhere...spot the Wigan Athletic shirt :) and all one wall is like a grandstand made up of a collage photographs from friends & visitors... we enjoy it anyway :)

Manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jurmala - is it worth a visit?

Cheers - I'll take a trip out there, on Sunday

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jurmala - is it worth a visit?

redqueeg, thanks for providing information abour Jurmala:-)

I think that Jurmala in autumn and in winter has a special charm. In summer it is different - fun, crowds of people, concerts almost every day, all cafes and restaurants full and open till morning:-)

6. Re: Jurmala - is it worth a visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, April 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Riga