We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riga Stag

Dublin
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Riga Stag

I am thinking of planning a stag in Riga at the end of November and have a few q's:

1. Will it be very cold?

2. If very cold would it mean taxi's everywhere?

3. Can your recommend a central hotel that is reasonable but has all the basics (Ibis kinda thing).

4. In general would it be recommended as a good destination for a stag?

Thank you in advance.

Dublin
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riga Stag

Anyone out there have any advise for me?

Come on !!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
196 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riga Stag

Hiya Irish Pete,

I have no idea about the weather at that time.

I think if you stay near the old town you wont need to get taxis all the time.

Check out revalhotels.com for one of their hotels, we are going to Reval Lativaja this weekend and we booked their internet special rate of 75 euro for a twin room per night which includes breakfast and the hotel seems good and close to the old town.

I have herd its a great destination for stags and now is probally a good time to go before it gets like our own Temple Bar.

Anyway, have a great time if you go, if I may also suggest, look at Warsaw as a possible place as its the cheapest place I have ever been to.

Mentioned in this post
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Dublin
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riga Stag

Cheers ... if you get a chance you might give some feed back on your weekend and any tips etc.

I won't be going til Nov but if I am I will book next month to try and get a good flight price.

Thanks again

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riga Stag

went to Riga last Nov...weather was just the same as England...

so it wasnt too bad...its a great place,the poeple are fantastic, reminds me of spain in the early 80's..no money but very happy...but there is money in the country..just look at the cars...

hotels...depends on how many of you...i would suggest the revel latvia hotel..just outside the Old City...and i mean a walk of 5 mins...big hotel...

taxi's are ok, stick to the red ones..the others seemed interested in taking me the long way...

as for a stag do...depends on how may you are thinking...a crowd of 20 or more may have problems...about 10 you sould be sound

Dublin
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riga Stag

Problems with 20?

What type?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riga Stag

well 20+ lads is a big group...

the pubs are not massive places ..the clubs are , but most of the pubs , 20+ would half fill them...lol

the place is cheap...real cheap....