We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

hants
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

I will be flying in and out of Riga next week with hand luggage only and I hope to be able to check in using my mobile for the air baltic flight back to the UK.

If I have any problems doing this does anyone know if the check in kiosks in the airport can be used for Air Baltic flights?

The airport website does mention kiosks but not who they can be used for.

Anything to avoid queueing for check in!

Thanks

Tampere
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

There are self check-in kiosks for airBaltic flights at RIX www.airbaltic.com/public/at_the_airport.html

I've always checked in online so never tried them myself. I really recommend checking in online, the airBaltic queues are sometimes really long.

hants
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

Cheers

I find queueing at check in desks the worst part of air travel and and will always avoid it where possble

Veliky Novgorod...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

When you check in online for flights from RIX, do you print your boarding pass somewhere or do you just receive a bar code to your phone that you can use to go through security? If you print it where can you print it in Riga? I plan to fly from RIX in a couple of days and I was thinking of using online check-in. However, if I need a printed boarding pass, I will have to look for a place to print it anyway.

Tampere
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

You need to print it. After the check in you can either save/print the pdf, or email it. All the hotels I've been to in Riga have agreed to print the boarding pass for me. So what I've done is ask the hotel for an email address, emailed the boarding pass from the airBaltic check in web page and they've printed it for me.

You can check in from around noon the day before the flight.

Edited: 7:59 am, September 24, 2011
hants
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

Now I've read the website more thoroughly it says that that you need to show your boarding pass or mobile device >> https://tickets.airbaltic.com/app/ck.fly… which suggests you don't have to print a paper boarding pass if you have checked in on your phone.

There is also an airbaltic app for the iphone that claims you just show you mobile at security and at the departure gate.

Has anyone successfully navigated Riga airport using just their phone without brandishing paper of any sort?

Tampere
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

wow.. never seen this before. think i'll try it on my next flight.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

Some of the people on my flight yesterday out of RIX were using the phone app. I loved the bright green boarding passes which were easy to find in my travel documents.

8. Re: Riga Airport - check in kiosks for Air Baltic flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Riga