We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trendy/hip places

Lisbon
9 posts
Save Topic
Trendy/hip places

Hi,

I'm going on October 5th to spend 5 days in Riga. I would like your advise on some trendy places like restaurants, bars and any other venues you see fit.

Also, if there are any sport or music events during those days that I should attend.

Thanks for the help!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trendy/hip places

Don't ...

People there are totally antipathetic. They don't seem to like tourist AND not even their own people. There never smile and always avoid your look. Very important thing if you're guys DON'T go drink in the old city !!!!

All the girls there are working for the bars and will try to make you pay a shitfull of money for drinks.

I'm not kidding, we even saw the girl with their bosses. We spoke to a lot of girls without paying them immediately a drink and their boss came and said all the time 'Pay drink to girl or go'. Crazy stuff seriously.And you should be aware that Latvia has the highest crime rate in the EU. NEVER GO TO A STRIP CLUB !

The only thing I can advise you if you want to go their is to find other tourist in the office of tourism and go out with them.

But I'm warning you this city if really bad and depressing. Nobody is nice or smiles and when they do it are prostitutes that want your money.

The only good thing you can do with your trip is not doing it or going in one of the other baltic capitals. The bus takes +- 5h from Riga to another of the baltic city's. ans cost in the 10-15euros.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trendy/hip places

You should watch your mouth.

1) About the crime level in the Latvia …europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php/Cr… (in the middle between Estonia and Lithuania, ) and definitively not the worst in Europe.

2) There are few tourist unfriendly bars in Riga (there is a warning about them in every tourist guide) If you are THAT fck stupid that can't read the guide before going in the city or ask here in the forum, than it' s your destiny to be scammed.

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trendy/hip places

CaptainHotDog, this is just a usual troll, don't pay attention to him. Such persons appear in this forum from time to time and wait till we start defending our city.

4. Re: Trendy/hip places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 21, 2012