We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lido

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gibraltar
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lido

Hi,

i am spending a few hours in Riga and have been advised by a friend to go to Lido. My ship will leave at 4.30pm and i finish a tour at 12.30pm. Can anyone tell how to get to Lido & if i would have enough time to go there ?

Thank you.

Riga
Destination Expert
for Riga, Jurmala
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lido

If I understood you correctly, you arrive by ferry? Ferry terminal is located very close to the centre of the city. For more information search this forum or look here playriga.com/index/…

Probably you've been advised to visit Lido Recreation Centre on Krasta street. It is located out of Old Town and the centre. I don't see the need to go there, if you can simply enjoy the walk in the Old Town, eat in one of the smaller Lidos located in the centre. But if you decide to go to Krasta Lido, then take a tram Nr.7 and the stop is called Lido.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lido

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Is there a small Lido near the Ferry Terminal or can you advise on any restaurants near which serve local food ?

New York City, NY...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lido

While I highly recommend going to Krasta Street Lido, if I only had 3 hours I would stay in the "night-and-day" more picturesque Old Town. From my own experience, while food at Lido is very good, there is a chance it may resemble the ship's buffet food that one may get tired of after a few days of sailing. I would look for a more traditional restaurant in the Old Town.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lido

Thank you very much for your advise.

I like tasting the traditional foods in the different countrues i visit. I'll probably play it safe and stay around the Old Town. Wouldn't like to miss the ship !

Thank you again for all your advise.

Bauska, Latvia
Level Contributor
607 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lido

One small Lido named ALUS SĒTA is in Old Town- on Tirgoņu Street 6. Here is a map: lido.lv/lat/…

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lido

I like the Lido Krasta - but I agree that with the limited time I would also recommend staying in Old Town.

You can take a taxi there for about 5 Lvl - but be sure to take a red taxi or a Baltic Air taxi else you will be cheated.

There so many traditionel restaurants in Old Town if you only go there for the food - there is also a smaller Lido restaurant in 5 min. walk from Old town at Elizabetes Street 65.

lido.lv/eng/…

Have a good time in Riga ;)

Edited: 1:24 am, July 21, 2011
7. Re: Lido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 10, 2012